Reading rooms, libraries, terminals
The UWB university library (UK) consists of five specialized libraries -Faculty of Education library, Faculty of Law library, library in Bory, health care studies library, and economics library in Cheb. UK membership is free of charge for all students. The unified identification system card (JIS) serves as a student ID. The library and information services regulations are stipulated in the Library Regulations document, which is available in each of the libraries mentioned above.
Thanks to the lending services in each library, students may borrow study materials and take them home. Study rooms provide students with basic literature for their studies, encyclopedias and dictionaries, textbooks, professional journals, daily newspapers and audiovisual materials. With the help of their JIS card, students may also make use of self-service printing and copying through the SafeQ system.
Electronic information resources are accessible from all computers (with minor exceptions) in UWB areas.
Addresses and opening hours
- Study room Bory - Univerzitní 18, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-20.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Husova - Husova 11, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Faculty of Law and Faculty of Philosophy and Arts library - sady Pětatřicátníků 16, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-20.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Faculty of Health Care Studies library - Sedláčkova 31, Pilsen; Mon, Wed 10.00-14.00, 14.30-18.00, Tue, Thu, Fri 9.00-11.00, 11.30-16.00
Faculty of Education library
- Study room Klatovská - Klatovská 51, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Veleslavínova - Veleslavínova 42, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Jungmannova - Jungmannova 3, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Faculty of Economics library in Cheb - Hradební 22, Cheb; Mon-Thu 9.00-20.00, Fri 9.00-12.00
Purchase of university textbooks and other materials
University textbooks and other materials which are recommended for studies at UWB may be purchased in specialized UWB Publishers shops. UWB promotional materials may also be purchased in these shops.
University campus -Pilsen-Bory, Univerzitní 22 (UB 105)
The shop is situated in the University Library on the ground floor. You can find all textbooks published by UWB, as well as specialized literature from other publishers -especially for the Faculties of Applied Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Economics.
Faculty of Economics -Pilsen, Husova 11 (HJ 107)
The shop is situated on the ground floor. The textbooks and other resources on offer are suitable mainly for studies at the Faculty of Economics and the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts. However, textbooks for the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Law, published by UWB, are also available.
Faculty of Economics -Cheb, Hradební 22 (CD 250)
The shop is situated in the Technical and Economic Science Library. Students of the Faculty of Economics may find all textbooks and resources needed for their studies.
IT space at UWB
The Center for Information Technology (CIV) is an all-university service, which controls all aspects of the UWB information system. CIV provides various services to students needed for successful studies. Here is some basic information about the services provided:
- Issuing a student card -JIS -which enables access to the UWB precincts, laboratories and other areas, dining in UWB canteens, lending services in the university library, etc.).
- Publishing the information guide First Steps in the UWB IT Space, which should make it easier for users to get acquainted with the UWB electronic space. The guide outlines the procedures needed for the successful issue of a JIS card, the creation of a user’s account in the university system, and other necessary steps that have to be taken after enrollment.
- Control and maintenance of the support web for users (http://support.zcu.cz). This web covers the majority of guides and service descriptions that CIV provides for its users. The documents are continually upgraded as a result of newly installed changes and improvements to individual systems. In addition, various updates and information about system breakdowns or standby conditions, invitations to seminars and similar events are published on this web.
- HelpDesk CIV -main contact spot for users, where all possible problems with IS UWB are dealt with.
Students may take advantage of 16 public computer rooms in the UWB precincts in Pilsen with more than 200 computers. The rooms are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (some till 9 p.m.) during a semester. However, the opening hours are different during the exam period.
Besides public computer rooms, students also have access to specialized computer labs at their faculty. It is further possible to make use of information UWB stands which are available in the entrance halls of some UWB buildings. Wireless connection is a matter of course.
Students may need the services of the Copy Center in Univerzitni 22. The opening hours during workdays are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Services offered: copying, printing, scanning, binding, etc. Costs are listed in a price list.